From Newport Beach Councilwoman Diane Dixon…
This week, I joined Newport Beach Mayor Will O’Neil, Dr. Martin Fee, M.D. (Senior Vice President and Chief Clinical Officer at Hoag Hospital), and Dr. Michael Brant-Zawadzki, M.D. (Senior Physician Executive at Hoag Hospital) to discuss Orange County’s response to COVID-19 as well as recent developments within the medical community in regards to the novel Coronavirus.
Please click the thumbnail at right to watch.
I would encourage you to watch the video, as it contains some very thoughtful insight from some of the best medical experts in our community. We used the opportunity to seek answers to some frequently-asked questions.
Hoag Hospital has developed a worldwide reputation for their commitment to public health and safety.
- Why do Newport Beach, Irvine, and Anaheim have the highest numbers of confirmed cases?
- When can the public expect to see a cure or vaccine? What are the results of clinical trials testing treatments like convalescent plasma?
- Is COVID-19 nearing the end of its life cycle as the numbers are starting to stabilize?
- What effect will extended self-isolation have on the mental well-being of our communities and how can we take advantage of mental health services?
- How have hospitals like Hoag expanded their virtual care and telemedicine programs?